David J. Bright
Dave Bright practices in the areas of real estate, land use and real estate development; business transactions; franchising and distribution; nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations; estate planning and probate; and art and museum law. Dave has earned Martindale-Hubbell's top "AV" Peer Review Rating and is an alumni of the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce’s Community Leadership Program. He was recently selected to author the Iowa section of the American Bar Association’s “Franchise Desk Book.” Dave currently serves as the Co-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Art & Cultural Heritage Law Committee, and regularly contributes to its section of the ABA’s “Year In Review” publication.
Dave is a frequent speaker at colleges and universities, local businesses and continuing education events on topics that include business formation, estate planning, nonprofit and tax-exempt governance, and art and museum law. He is active in the Iowa City community through volunteering and board service. He presently serves on the boards of the Bur Oak Land Trust, Cedar Rapids Museum of Art (Vice President), Cedar Rapids YMCA, Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation (President), Iowa Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (President) and YMCA Camp Wapsie (Chair). Dave lives in Iowa City with his wife Heather and their three children.
- Juris Doctorate, University of Iowa
- Bachelor of Science, University of Iowa
- Simmons Perrine Moyer Bergman PLC, Coralville and Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Nyemaster Goode, PC, Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa
- Meardon, Sueppel & Downer, PLC, Iowa City, Iowa
Involvement and Recognition
Professional Memberships and Positions
- American Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Art & Cultural Heritage Law Committee
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa State Courts
- United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Iowa
- Martingale-Hubbell's top ("AV") Peer Review Rating
Civic and Volunteer Involvement
- Bur Oak Land Trust, Board of Directors
- Member, Land Acquisition and Protection Committee
- Iowa Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, Board of Directors
- YMCA Camp Wapsie, Advisory Committee
- Chair, annual supporting campaign
- YMCA of the Cedar Rapids Metropolitan Area, Board of
- Member, Finance Committee
- Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Board of Trustees
- Member; Building, Collections and Exhibitions, Executive, and Finance Committees.
- Iowa City Public Library Friends Foundation, Board of
- Member; Bookend, Executive, Finance, Fundraising, and Governance Committees.