Pugh Hagan Prahm PLC is proud to have served a number of clients locally, regionally and nationally. A sample of some of the projects include:
Real Estate & Land Use
- Assisted developer with planned community consisting of over 240 acres.
- Successfully assisted developer with rezoning application and development of mixed-used properties, including acquisition documents, tax credit applications, and drafting of condominium documents and commercial lease agreements.
- Successfully represented international company in obtaining injunction against municipality in an eminent domain litigation.
- Counsel for hotel facility listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Coordinated the private auction of 87 apartment units as seller's counsel.
Commercial Business Transactions
- Assisted client with drafting and negotiation of an asset purchase agreement for multi-million dollar corporate acquisition.
- Representation of a privately held owner and operator of retirement and assisted living communities in connection with the sale of nine facilities throughout the State of Iowa.
- Advised start-up with determining most appropriate corporate structure and thereafter assisted with the drafting of private offering documents for capital raise.
- Represented seller in a multiple facility asset sale in excess of $3 Million.
- Provided representation of a purchasing cooperative in the development of a private fund to make loans to store operators across the country, including completion of a private offering to raise loan funds.
- Representation of biotechnology company in association with a successful private offering.
Finance and Banking
- Assisted lender with securitization of multi-million dollar
bond-financed loan to developer of multi-family housing project in Des
Moines, Iowa, including securitization of tax increment financing
payments, tax credits and economic development grants.
- Counsel to lender for multi-million dollar mixed use housing project consisting of student housing, office, retail and hotel uses.
- Represented lender in foreclosure and replevin action, securing real and personal property from borrower.
- Counsel to lender regarding tenants in common agreement for multi-million dollar syndicate loan.
- Serve as general counsel to numerous lending institutions.
Estate Planning and Probate
- Assisted with the drafting of a will with children's trust, a power of attorney, and advanced directive and living will for couple who recently had their first child.
- Prepared a special needs trust for family with disabled child.
- Served as legal counsel to the executor of a $6 million plus estate.
- Prepared a dynasty trust as part of business succession plan for closely-held family business.
- Draft of Irrevocable Life Insurance Trust to avoid adverse tax consequences for estate and benefeciaries.
Litigation and Employment
- Successfully represented construction company in multi-million dollar civil suit.
- Obtained a dismissal of breach of contract claim asserted against a client while simultaneously receiving a successful summary judgment ruling on counterclaims against opposing party.
- Successfully represented employer in wrongful termination claim.
- Successfully negotiated a large settlement in a seven-figure baghouse dispute.
- Secured a favorable ruling for a client before an American Arbitration Association panel in a coverage dispute with a California-based insurer
- Prevailed in defense of a commercial client's zoning special exception before the Iowa Court of Appeals.