Samuel S. Young
Samuel S. Young represents clients on a broad range of transactional matters, including real estate sales and acquisitions, leasing and development, land use, and business sales and acquisitions. From start-ups to publicly traded companies, Mr. Young helps clients achieve their most important objectives.
Prior to entering the legal field, Sam worked for a large consulting company, where he was responsible for the day-to-day operations of a large federal government compliance contract. He spent two years working at the United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, supporting the Division's mission of promoting economic competition through the enforcement of antitrust laws. Sam's professional experiences in the business, government, and legal fields allow Sam to deliver added value to his clients as they pursue their business goals.
Sam lives in Iowa City with his wife Amy and his dog, Lua. A little one is on the way.
- Fredrikson & Byron, P.A., Minneapolis, MN
- Deloitte Consulting, Washington, D.C. & Chicago, IL
- Janet D. Steiger Antitrust Fellow, Phoenix, AZ
- United States Department of Justice, Antitrust Division, Washington, D.C.
- Bachelor’s Degree, magna cum laude, University of Notre Dame
- Juris Doctorate cum laude, University of Iowa College of Law
Involvement and Recognition
Professional Memberships and Positions
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Iowa State Courts
- Minnesota State Courts
- Certified North Star Lawyer (2014)